QuickBooks Sync Manager Tool allows users to sync the QuickBooks Desktop company file with Intuit online server and other applications. The tool is accessible with QuickBooks Pro, Premier, or Enterprise.
With this tool, you can exchange the QuickBooks Desktop, and save the QuickBooks version into the cloud server. If you change anything in your QuickBooks Desktop database, then it will sync with your Desktop version automatically.
When the user faces sync errors in QuickBooks, they require the QuickBooks Sync Manager Repair tool. By March 2016, the third-party applications stopped access to the sync manager due to interruption of the sync manager.
Why QuickBooks Sync Error Occurs
The reasons for the Sync Manager error are given below.
- If the Windows file or component is missing or corrupted.
- When transferring data, Internet connectivity is not good.
- This error takes place when the Windows Firewall or Internet security is breaking the sync.
- If the QuickBooks Sync Manager updates are missing, then it could be a reason for this error.
Signs of Sync Error in QuickBooks
If you see these types of messages on your screen, you might know the QuickBooks Sync Manager error has been placed.
- When you see Intuit Sync Manager has discontinued.
- QuickBooks Sync Manager error is also a sign of this error.
- Error: Loading files from the path shows this error.
- You can see Error: Loading from Intuit Sync Manager.
- Intuit Sync Manager has stopped working is a message for this error.
- When you get Intuit Sync Manager not working.
- QuickBooks Sync Manager not working, denotes there is an error.
Types of QuickBooks Sync Manager Error:
Below are the types of QuickBooks Sync Manager Error.
- Sync Manager Error 5_13944 in QuickBooks
- Sync Manager Error 17_7118 in QuickBooks
- Sync Manager Error 17_7300 in QuickBooks
- QuickBooks Sync Manager Error in Windows 10.
Procedure to Troubleshoot Sync Manager Error in QuickBooks
Here we have given solutions to troubleshoot sync manager errors in QuickBooks for different sync manager error types. Choose your error type, and follow the solution, according to that. Before going for any solution, follow the common method, this may fix the sync error.
For 17_7300 Sync Manager Issue
Follow the steps to fix the QuickBooks Sync Manager error.
- First of all, open the Company File in QuickBooks.
- Then, choose the Edit option and click on the Preferences tab.
- After that, choose the Integrated Applications option.
- Also, click on the Company Preferences button.
- In the end, click on the Sync Now button.
For QuickBooks Sync Manager Error 17_7118
Firstly, you need to fix Sync Manager Error 17_7118 to resolve the QB Sync Manager Issue. You can follow these steps to solve it;
- In the system tray, press the right-click on the Sync Manager icon and select the Exit option to shut down the sync manager.
- Then, you need to close the company file and shut down the QuickBooks software.
- After that, reopen QuickBooks but don’t open the company file.
- Then, update QuickBooks to the latest release version.
- In the end, you must sync all the data.
If the error is not fixed yet, go to the next method.
For 5_13944 Sync Manager Issue
Follow these steps to fix the QuickBooks Sync Manager error.
- Firstly, access the server: https://Services.intuit.com and https://datasync.intuit.com.
- Then, select the folder Sync Manager and remove the crt file.
- You have to reinstall QuickBooks Sync Manager or reset the sync setting by these steps:
- Move to the Help menu and choose the Manage Data Sync option.
- Then, reset the Intuit Sync Manager.
- An internal issue came while uploading data.
- You can wait then try again.
Common Solutions to Fix the Sync manager Issue in QuickBooks
There are some common solutions for the sync error. These solutions are applicable for all types of sync errors.
Solution 1: Rename Intuit Sync Manager Folder
First of all, you need to rename the folder of Intuit Sync Manager to fix the error. You can follow the below steps to solve it;
- First of all, you need to close the QuickBooks Company File and shut down the QuickBooks software.
- Then, reopen and update it to the latest release version.
- In the system tray, you have to press the right-click on the Sync Manager icon then select the Exit option and close the sync manager.
- And rename the file to SyncManager.old.
- Windows 8, 7 and Windows Vista: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Intuit\SyncManager
- Windows XP: C:\DocumentsandSettings\UserName\LocalSettings\ApplicationData\Intuit\SyncManager
- Then, reopen QuickBooks and the Intuit Sync Manager.
- To sync your company data, you have to click on the Sync Now button.
If the error still continues, then go to the next solutions, according to your error type.
Solution 2: Download the QuickBooks Sync Manager Repair Tool
First, you need to download the Sync Manager to fix the QB Sync Manager error. You can follow these steps to resolve it;
- The very first step is, you have to uninstall QuickBooks Desktop and rename all the Intuit Folders.
- Now, you can get the folders here:
- 64-bit version C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks
- You have to press right-click on the Windows Taskbar and select the Task Manager option.
- Then, choose the Processes option.
- Click on the Column Heading tab and choose the Image Name option then, click on the Alphabetical Order.
- In the Image Name section, choose the QBDBMgr.exe, Qbw32.exe, QBDBMgrN.exe, QBCFMonitorService.exe option.
- Then, you get a warning message like Terminating a process can cause results including loss of data and system inability and click on the Yes button.
- In the end, you need to reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop.
You can also use the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool to uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How can I close the Sync Manager in QuickBooks?
You can turn off the QB Sync Manager by going through these steps.
(i) Move to the start menu, type MSConfig and press the enter key.
(ii) Then, a system configuration utility window will open, click next.
(iii) Choose the startup option and deselect the Intuit Sync Manager entry.
(iv) To close the system configuration utility window, click on the Ok button.
(v) After that, reboot your system.
(vi) The system configuration utility shows an information message of saving changes.
Why does QuickBooks 2014 Sync Manager error take place?
When your program file is corrupted or missing, then QuickBooks 2014 Sync Manager error can come.
What does Intuit Sync Manager do?
Intuit Sync Manager helps the user to sync their company file with third-party services.