QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool is used for troubleshooting errors that come when multiple users try to access a company file at the same time. Intuit has designed this tool to fix network errors, multi-user errors, and other errors that come while using company files. It works with Microsoft Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP with QuickBooks 2008 and later versions.
Issues, Can Be Resolved by QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool has the ability to fix all types of errors that come while working on company files. Here we have given a list of errors, which can be fixed by the tool;
- It resolves multi-users issues in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Unexpected errors like -6150. -6000, -301, -6000, -82, -6130, and -6147.
- Network errors like H101, H202, H303, and H505 can also be fixed.
- This tool can resolve damaged or corrupted files on your computer.
- Restrictions to access QuickBooks Database.
- The entries that are missing in the employee list, can be fixed by this tool.
When to Use Connection Diagnostic Tool
You should know when the connection diagnostic tool is needed. here are some of the points, where you need to run the tool;
- You can use the tool instead of database server manager, when the tool is not working properly to troubleshoot the H-series error codes.
- This tool can be used during the time, when you have changed a lot, but the changes are not updating properly.
- All of the 6000 errors can fixed with this amazing tool.
- You can use the tool, when there is any virus or malware affecting issue in QuickBooks or computer.
System Requirements for QB connection Diagnostic Tool
If you are going to download the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool, then before start installing you should know about the need to download it.
- You have the latest version of windows.
- Microsoft .NET framework
- Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable package
- High-Speed internet connectivity.
How to Download and Install QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
Before downloading and installing this tool, you have to make sure that you have good internet connectivity. Then, follow these steps.
- First of all, Go to the Intuit website to download QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool.
- Now, you can see the QBInstall_tool_vs.exe file on your screen.
- Then, close all the running programs on your computer.
- You must press double-click on the QBInstall_tool_vs.exe file to start downloading.
- Save the downloaded file in a place, where you can easily access it.
- After that, you will see a License Agreement come on the screen, then, click on the Yes button.
- You have successfully downloaded the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool on your server computer.
- In the next step, open the downloaded file QBInstall_tool_vs.exe file.
- Then, you have to press double-click on the file and start the installation process.
- After that, QuickBooks will show you some on-screen instructions, follow them.
- And agree with the terms and conditions.
- After that, a popup will show on your computer screen with the License Agreement, you need to read this and click on the Yes tab to accept it.
- Now, you have to choose the location to install the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool and click on the Next button.
- Then, you have to click on the Install option, to start the installation.
- In the end, you should click on the Finish option.
- When the process is completed, you can open the tool.
How to Use Connection Diagnostic Tool in QuickBooks
Here is the guide to use the tool in the right path.
Diagnose Connection Tab:
Diagnose connection tab allows users to access the company data file from the computer with a single user or multi-user mode. If you do have no accurate permission or the system firewall or ports are blocked, then errors come continuously.
The firewall status feature shows you the basic information about the firewall.
It allows you to check your computer connectivity.
- To search your company file, click on the Company File field.
- When the network is set up in a Linux system and available in Alternate mode, then you have to choose the Change Hosting Server option.
- Before you run the connectivity test, each status comes in blue as Not Applicable.
- When the user runs the connectivity test, the status comes with Green and Red colors. Green shows that no errors are found or red shows that some error is found.
- Now, click on the Test Connectivity tab.
- When the File open status comes red, it means the connectivity test has failed. Then, you will see the Advanced section and it shows all the checked areas.
- You can click on what do these mean?
- If the relevant status is fixed, then go to the diagnostic tool to check if there are any issues that still exist or not.
- If the error still exists, then open the File open status, a successful message pop-up will display on your screen.
How to Employ the Connection Diagnostic Tool
Follow these steps to employ this QuickBooks tool:
- Firstly, you have to click on the QuickBooks icon to open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then, choose the Utility option and click on the Repair File and Network Problems.
- A pop-up will come with asking your personal details, click on the Yes button.
- After that, find the folder where you have stored your damaged company file and click on the Open option.
- A list of items comes on your screen, you have to click on the Show Advanced Setting option.
- Then, select the Issues that you are facing currently.
- Enter your QuickBooks login credentials like user id and password.
- In the end, you must click on the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool.
- When the process is completed, you will get a successful message, then restart QuickBooks and open your repaired file.
Fix Update Issues with QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool:
QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool can automatically find and resolve errors with Microsoft .NET Framework, C++, and MSXML components.
- It can fix errors related to Microsoft components.
- Update windows to install missing updates related to Microsoft components.
- Manually troubleshoot the errors related to Microsoft components.
- Use Selective startup mode to install Quickbooks Desktop.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic tool?
It is designed by Intuit to resolving errors that occur while multiple users trying to work in a company file at the same time.
How can I download QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic tool?
You can download it through the official website of Intuit.
How much price of Quickbooks Connection Diagnostic tool?
The QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool is purely free of cost. Users do have not to pay any price.