QuickBooks Conversion Tool is one of the best tools with great features in QuickBooks by which the users convert their company file to a different program. It works without compromising data security and also helps you to convert Quicken 2017 to QuickBooks Desktop Pro or Premier 2018 or QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 18.0.
Benefits of Using Conversion Tool in QuickBooks
There are some of the advantages of using this tool;
- The tool allows the setup process to convert QuickBooks files.
- The conversion tool doesn’t change the current or existing data files.
- It imports your data from the new QuickBooks company file.
- It doesn’t compromise data security while conversion.
- This tool helps to know the current state of business.
- The tool provides you an option to import a list and helps you to list plus balance and historical transactions.
- It creates a log for every transaction to maintain the records.
Limitations of the QuickBooks Conversion Tool
When you are using the conversion tool, you can get an error message like ‘Quickbooks conversion tool not working’. It seems that the program has some limitations to import business data, transactions, account balance, etc. This tool doesn’t convert these items listed below.
- The tool doesn’t convert Payroll transactions and employee year-to-date info.
- Work tickets, fixed assets, and paychecks.
- Individual employee wage or deduction information is not converted.
- It doesn’t convert Closed or partially closed Sales orders, Purchase Orders, and Estimates.
- You can easily convert Account, Employee, Item, Customer, and vendor lists by using this tool.
- This tool converts the account balances.
- The tool can convert Customer and vendor transactions.
- It can easily convert employee profiles and contact info.
- Also, convert Payroll General ledger account balance info.
- Paychecks(journal entries).
Before downloading the Quickbooks Conversion tool, you should know about the system requirement for this tool.
- The operating system must be Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 7, 8, or 10.
- Your system requires the installation of the .NET 2.0 framework.
- Proper installation and registration of Quickbooks Desktop.
- RAM must be 512 MB or higher.
- 2.5 GB free space hard drive.
How to Use QuickBooks Conversion Tool
Here is the procedure to use the tool. Before that, you have to make sure, the QuickBooks is installed, registered, and licensed.
- First of all, you have to press double-click on the Conversion tool app icon and open it.
- Then, choose the one option between my own company and my client company.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the Accounting software that you want to convert.
- You have to click on the Next tab.
- Then, choose the Company file and click on the Next button.
- After that, you must choose your QuickBooks Product and also choose the location where your company file is saved.
- Click on the Next button to continue.
- You have to choose the conversion level between List & Transaction or List only options.
- And, click on the Next button.
- Then, you must select the Accounting preferences on the basis of date and name. And, click on the Next button.
- Now, you have to check your details, if any error is found then resolve it.
- After that, click on the Start button.
- It can take some time on the basis of file size.
- In the end, click on the Finish button.
Procedure to Convert Quicken to QuickBooks:
- If you are trying to convert Quicken 2012 to QuickBooks Desktop 2018 or Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise 18.0, then you have to use the QuickBooks conversion tool.
- When you are going to convert Quicken 2018 to QuickBooks Desktop 2018, then you must use the QuickBooks conversion tool.
- If you are trying to use the QuickBooks conversion tool, then you have to make sure that the Quicken data file should be updated to the latest released version.
Procedure to Convert Sage 50 to QuickBooks:
These steps can help you to convert sage 50 to QuickBooks.
- Firstly, you have to move to the Sage or Peachtree Company file that you are trying to convert.
- Then, choose the Source company file option.
- In the end, you must verify the result to finish the conversion.
Note: Use QuickBooks Database Server Manager tool, if you face any server issue during the cenversion of data in QuickBooks.