QuickBooks File Doctor is one of the best inventions of Intuit, which is developed to fix the common QuickBooks problem like network and company file issues. It is the combination of the company diagnostic tool and network diagnostic tool. 2016, and the later edition of QuickBooks features can be incorporated or built-in with the tool. And this file repairing tool is not available for all country versions, this is only available in the US, and UK QuickBooks versions.
What Can QuickBooks File Doctor Do?
QuickBooks File Doctor has the ability to fix all types of networks and company file bugs. Here we have given a list of errors, which can be fixed by the tool;
- Blank lists for vendors, employees, or customers.
- Failed to launch the company file.
- QuickBooks H series error codes like H101, H202, H303, H505.
- Damaged company file.
- QuickBooks 6000 series errors like 6150, 6000 82, 6000 305, 6000 301, QuickBooks Error 6147 and QuickBooks Error 6130.
Things to Know, Before Download or Run File Doctor Tool
If you are going to use the QuickBooks file doctor tool, you should consider these points before using it;
- You have to ensure that, the previous version of the QuickBooks file doctor tool should be uninstalled before downloading the latest version.
- An integrated file doctor tool has been included in all the versions of QuickBooks after 2015, but it is recommended you use the external file doctor tool.
- The QuickBooks file doctor tool is only accessible with all the QuickBooks desktop versions for windows not for mac.
- If any issue appears, the file doctor tool may arise automatically. You have to click on the start button then the tool does its job.
Benefits of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool:
QuickBooks file doctor tool is very helpful to fix company file errors and network issues. There are some of the benefits of using the QuickBooks file doctor tool are given below.
- The QuickBooks file doctor tool may be very helpful to fix network issues.
- It saves a lot of time and effort in fixing the error.
- When the data is damaged, the QuickBooks file doctor tool may be very useful.
- QuickBooks file doctor tool can fix all the QuickBooks H series error codes and 6000 errors.
System Requirements to Download QB File Doctor
If you are going to download the QuickBooks file doctor tool, then before start downloading you should know about the need to download the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- Firstly, you must ensure that you need to use the system as a Windows OS administrator.
- When you have a pre-installed program to deal with technical issues, uninstall it. It assists the program with effectively find and address the issue.
- Before downloading QuickBooks, you need to ensure that the QuickBooks Hosting is enabled.
- You should have the .NET Framework installed, to download the doctor utility.
- The QuickBooks File Repair doesn’t require to be downloaded to install the doctor-file program on the computer.
How to Download QuickBooks File Doctor Tool:
You can download the QuickBooks file doctor tool in two different ways.
Method 1: Download Quickbooks File Doctor Tool from the official Website of Intuit
- Firstly, download the QuickBooks file doctor and run the file QBFD.exe.
- Then, you need to start the installation.
- If the installation is done, the doctor tool will open the file. Now, you can open the software.
- The importance of the network system framework is incredible, when a user does not have the setting, the QuickBooks File Doctor tool downloads itself.
- The user is expected to proceed with an easy installation method when the other applications are being installed on windows.
Method 2: Download QuickBooks File Doctor Tool from Quickbooks Tool Hub
Follow the procedure to download, and install the QuickBooks file doctor tool successfully;
- First of all, close QuickBooks Desktop, even all the running programs.
- Then, download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub. (Latest version of tool hub- 22.214.171.124)
- The file will be on the QuickBooksToolHub.exe form.
- Save the downloaded file in a place, where you can easily access it.
- In the next step, open the downloaded file QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- After that, QuickBooks will show you some on-screen instructions, follow them.
- And agree with the terms and conditions.
- After that, a popup will display on your computer screen with the License Agreement, you need to read this and click on the ‘Yes’ tab to accept it.
- Now you have to choose the destination location for QuickBooks Tool Hub and click on the Next button.
- Then, you have to click on the ‘Install’ option, to start the installation.
- In the end, you should click on the ‘Finish’ option.
- When the process is completed, you have to open the tool.
- Select the ‘Company File Issues’ tab when you access the tool hub.
How to Fix Company Issues with the Tool:
QuickBooks file doctor tool is a great tool to fix company file errors, 6000 series errors, H series errors, and network issues. Here are the steps to fix company file issues and network issues.
Step 1: Download and Install QuickBooks Tool Hub
The QuickBooks Tool Hub helps to resolve common issues. We recommend you use Tool Hub on Windows 10, 64-bit. We have discussed the steps to download and install the QuickBooks tool hub above.
Step 2: Run Quick Fix My File
- From the tool hub, you have to choose the ‘Company File Issues’.
- After that, you should choose the ‘Quick Fix my File’ option.
- When it finishes, click on the ‘Ok’ button then launch your QuickBooks.
Step 3: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- From the tool hub, you need to choose the ‘Company File Issues’ option.
- Then, choose Run QuickBooks File Doctor. It can get hardly one minute to open. [If the QuickBooks File Doctor doesn’t open, search for QuickBooks Desktop File Doc and open it manually].
- In QuickBooks File Doctor, you should choose your company file from the drop-down menu. If you don’t get your file, then choose the ‘Browse and search’ option to find your file.
- After that, you have to choose the ‘Check your file’ option then click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- In the end, enter your QuickBooks admin password and select ‘Next’.
The scan can take a maximum of 5 minutes and it depends on your file size. When the scan completes, then you can open QuickBooks and your company file.
Step 4: Follow the Steps for the Issue that you can see
When you are trying to open a company file from QuickBooks Desktop 2011 or older version, you have two options.
(i) Open the file in the latest release version of QuickBooks: This will open your company file in QuickBooks 2011 or later.
(ii) Repair the file in your existing version: This will repair your company file for your version of QuickBooks.
These options can resolve common errors like -6123,0, unrecoverable errors, and Reload.sql errors.
Step 5: Update and Back up QuickBooks
After resolving your company file issues, back it up. You need to check for any software updates. In QuickBooks Desktop, you have to choose the ‘Help’ option and ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’.
Types of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool:
There are two available versions of the QuickBooks file doctor tool. You can download them from the official Intuit website.
- In-Built Version
The in-built version of the QuickBooks file doctor tool can only be accessed in the Quickbooks Desktop 2016 and later released updates. So, we recommended keeping your QuickBooks software up to date in your system.
- The in-built version of the QuickBooks file doctor tool is generally used for CA, US, and UK versions of the QuickBooks software.
- QuickBooks file doctor tool is also used for diagnosis and network issue repair.
- It is also used for data and file repair.
- It is suitable with Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, and Server 2003-2012.
- When the .NET framework 2.0 is not available in the system, then the QuickBooks file doctor tool will download itself through the QuickBooks Diagnostic tool.
How to use Built-In version:
- Firstly, open the QuickBooks software without opening the company file.
- Then, you need to go to the File menu.
- You need to choose the ‘File’ menu and click on the ‘Utilities’ tab.
- After that, select the ‘Repair File’ and ‘Network Problems’ options.
- Now, find the ‘Company file’ that you want to repair then, select the ‘Open’ option.
- You have to select the ‘Show Advanced Settings’ option and click on the ‘Next’ tab.
- Enter the ‘Admin ID’ and password and click on the ‘Next button.
- When the process is finished, you can easily access the company file.
Expected Possibilities of Built-in version:
When the company file has been accessed with the QuickBooks file doctor tool, three probable outcomes may be displayed.
(i) QuickBooks file doctor has not detected the problem:
If the QuickBooks file doctor tool doesn’t detect any issues or problems and it shows that you don’t need to do anything. It means QuickBooks is error-free and you can continue your work.
(ii) The problem has been detected and fix it:
In this situation, you haven’t do anything. You should go through the company file from the ‘Open new company file’ option and wait till the problem gets solved.
(iii) The problem has been detected and QuickBooks file doctor can’t solve it:
It requires the application of Auto Data Recovery(ADR) Setup from the QuickBooks company file and you have to fill the transactions from the last backup manually.
- Stand-Alone Version
This version is normally used for hosting servers, connectivity, and network-related issues but it can be accessed if you activate the QuickBooks Database Server Manager (QBDBSM). It always is taken as the preferred version of the two versions available in the online market.
How to use Stand-Alone Version:
- Firstly, you have to install the latest updated version and uninstall its existing version in your system.
- You need to go to the Intuit official site and search for the latest release version and download it.
- When the download process has been completed, then access the file and follow the instructions on the screen, and finish the installation process.
- Now, you have the latest release version installed in your system, click on the installed file to launch it.
- A drop-down list will come and you have to click on the company file.
- Choose the ‘Check file damage’ option and go for the ‘Diagnose file’ option to fix basic errors.
- After that, you can see two options in the File Doctor Tool and you need to choose as per the error you are facing that needs to be fixed.
- You can choose the first option for 6000 series errors or for rectifying the corrupted company files.
- You can choose the second option for Network and Connectivity setup problems or H-series errors such as H101, H202, H303, and H505.
- Log in with the ‘Company File Admin Password’ and click on the ‘Next’ option.
- Choose the primary option ‘Workstation’, if the QuickBooks company file is not hosted on the user’s system or not stored in the system.
- Choose the second option ‘Server’, if the QuickBooks company file has not been hosted on the QuickBooks user system or not stored in the system.
- Click on the ‘Yes’ option for QuickBooks Server/Host and option ‘No’ for QuickBooks Workstation.
- The repair process for the company file will start with the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- When the repair process is finished, a success message will come up on the desktop screen and you can exit the tool now.
- Now, you can easily go through the QuickBooks company file.
Frequently Ask Questions(FAQ)
What does QuickBooks File Doctor do?
Ans. Normally, the QuickBooks file doctor tool resolves the company file issues and network issues like 6000 series and H series error codes.
How much does the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool cost?
Ans. QuickBooks file doctor tool is free of cost for any user over the world. You can download it from the official website of Intuit or download it via the QuickBooks tool hub.
What is the difference between the in-built version and the stand-alone version of the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool?
Ans. The in-built version of the QuickBooks file doctor tool has some minimum requirements and it was only accessed in the Quickbooks 2016 Desktop and later released updates. And, the stand-alone version is normally used for hosting servers, connectivity, and network-related issues but it is only accessed with the QuickBooks Database Server Manager (DBSM).